Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Today, yesterday, & the day before that....

Monday I had another visit with my Dr. All seems to be well with my new titanium plate and the attached collarbone. Our trip to Mexico is coming up next week and so I asked him about getting thru the airports with my new metal appliance, and he said that actually I should have no trouble getting out of the country, but it is likely coming back could be a problem. He said that I would probably be detained in Mexico for 3 - 4 weeks while he puts together the appropriate paperwork and sends it to the authorities. I said that would be okay as long as he personally would cover all my expenses during my extended stay in the Mayan Riviera, including lost pay from missing work. He said he would take care of all that, in fact he would provide me with his credit card information. I thanked him for that and promised to buy him lots of gifts. Keep this all in mind and if I am not back home safely on April 26, please contact my lawyer - aka Dad. I'm sure he'll know just what to do! In any case, I can start physical therapy now; just range of motion exercises for now. No strengthening yet. It's going to be quite a while before I'm riding again. I miss it, I do, but I have no interest in riding before I'm healed. Some may think that riding a horse is a very passive activity, but believe me it is not. I'll need my arm & shoulder strength back just to get back on, not to mention everything else, and even then I'll need to build up overall strength and stamina. Riding is not for the weak or faint of heart.

Backing up a day, Phil & Christie announced on Easter that another baby is in production, due for release in November! Just as I thought. Phil thinks it will be a girl, but I'm not ready to guess. I think it would be pretty cool for two little brothers to be so close in age. Two little Phils, just think of the possibilities. Poor Christie wouldn't stand a chance against all that! But I'm sure she would have fun.

It snowed today. Many people were heard complaining about snow in April, and the return (again) of winter. I say, "Grow up and face facts! This is the Midwest!" There is nothing unusual about snow in April. I remember 28 years ago today, when Grandpa passed away, it snowed the day of the funeral. It was a wet slushy snow just like what we had today. Come July or thereabouts, those same silly people will be complaining about the heat, humididty and perhaps even lack of rain. Go figure.

No comments: