Tuesday, April 03, 2007

The Healing Process...

First full day back at work. I needed to take a pain pill about 2:00 and give it about 30 - 40 minutes to kick in. I'm trying to be very protective of my investment, and I fear that the staff at the store may feel I'm not carrying my share of the load. An unfounded fear some would say, but I like being able to carry out any duty I would ask of them, and so it is difficult for me to sit still and ask someone else to step up. Today I'm afraid I may have inadvertantly offended one of the very special people that works with me by asking her to step up in front and take a customer. There were others that could have done it just as well, but I felt that it was her turn. I could have been wrong. I just couldn't do it myself. I'll have to clear the air with her tomorrow, I guess.
Over the weekend I took a road trip with my friend Georgia. Her horse is in training down in Tuscola where Stacey used to work. It was good to see the old place, old friends, and our old trainer Brian. Fences were mended.
Then on Monday, Stacey and I took another trip back to Tuscola. This one to visit with our good friend Holley, who worked with Stacey for Brian, and to see the very best chiropractor in the whole world, our buddy Dr Hemmer. My sling has been pulling on my neck so very much that I've been having a perpetual headache. He was able to gently realign my neck and give me relief. He does a bang up job on Stacey, who with wrestling young horses and old, as well as dealing with uncommon stress levels, can get herself tied up in knots. Then we did a little shopping at the outlet mall there and at Pard's Western Shop in Urbana. Shopping is always good therapy!

No comments: