Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Finally...

Yes, I have been screwed. Plated, grafted and screwed. My new xray looks very much like the one below, only much nicer - smaller, more feminine - and without that crooked screw in the middle. Six very nicely aligned screws hold the plate to my now perfectly aligned clavicle, and bone grafting is in place throughout to help it heal properly. The surgery was not as painful as I expected, however I am now realizing how the associated musculature had deteriorated in just three months time. NO, I'm not trying to lift weights or something so foolish, its just that there are muscles that had drifted off into complacency that have now been reassigned their positions and duties, and they are speaking out on the subject. All in all, I'm very glad I made the decision to get this thing fixed. Do I regret not doing it earlier? No. There was no apparent reason not to give it a chance to heal on its own. It just didn't heal on its own. Perhaps that is where the term "Lazy-Bones" comes from!
In other news, our passports have arrived. The photos are as hideous as the ones from our last passports from 25 years ago. This time we don't look like hippie criminal types. We just look like goofy middle-aged types. I'm afraid all my fun new clothes will reveal the "artistry" performed on me last Friday. Too bad. I shall wear the bright colors of purple, yellow, blue, red and green as a badge of honor and bravery. Yes - I was very brave - so brave that Stacey said I could have ice cream!
Oh, and I did show the Edwin Smith Papyrus bit to my Dr on Monday, and he said that perhaps he might want to try the yarn and honey form of treatment on the next clavicle fracture patient - that is if he can figure out a way to dodge the impending lawsuit!

No comments: