Saturday, March 17, 2007

Screwed!

Oh no, its not what you think. Surgery was rescheduled! (for Tuesday) Seeing as how one of my regular office visits had to be rescheduled because my Dr got tickets for the Super Bowl, I'm suspicious that he has now come down with a severe case of March Madness! I guess it will work out for the better, but I have to say that I was not in a "happy place" after I got the call on Thursday. I had made all arrangements at work, had gone & gotten the dreaded blood test done, and was mentally prepared to spend my weekend feeling much like I did over Christmas. Still this gave us time to get the passport things finalized for our trip, and it gives me a couple more days to get clothes for the trip, finish up laundry and deliver music that I ordered for my friend Georgia (a music teacher in Delavan, WI), so that her lessons can proceed as planned.
Speaking of clothes for the trip - I'm getting pretty darn daring here with my new wardrobe! Capri's! Egad! My legs haven't seen the sun in years, so I won't expose any more than my ankles to the world. Now I must find some really trendy shoes or sandals to go with, and (you won't believe this part) I'm even thinking that when I get down there I will try a pedicure! The idea of someone touching my feet still frightens me, but I figure if I can overcome the trauma of the surgery I'm about to have, then I can brave it through a pedicure.
Later...

1 comment:

J. Philip Graham said...

Tuesday huh? Well here is a word of advice... OK I don't have any words of advice unless you'll need your jaw wired shut in order for your clavicle to heal. I know about the wired shut jaw, I don' know about the screwed clavicle. Hopefully everything works as planned and your pain will not last much longer.