Sunday, January 09, 2011

Where Have I Been?

Not far. Very near, in fact. I've been right here, but overwhelmed with school, work and the rest of my life. Why is it so overwhelming? I don't know. I just try to keep up. Oh, I guess the fact that I am compulsive about getting straight A's in school contributes to the overwhelmsion. (New word - do you like it?)
Depression, the chronic kind, is on my mind. I've battled with it most of my life. Some people say you just need to get over it & stop feeling sorry for yourself. It doesn't work that way. I have scoliosis. My mother used to tell me, when I was a kid, to stand up straight. I couldn't straighten out my spine any more than someone who is clinically depressed can "get over it". It's not a choice.
That being said, it's been a grueling semester, a lovely holiday and so far a peaceful new year for me. I'm looking at life's changes in the face and am a bit stunned. The cool thing is, I'm part of a really great family & we'll take life's changes on the chin & have a good time together. As long as we have "The Instructions" to guide us, we can get through anything.
I'd like to say that I am particularly happy that Evan has found Kelli and Stacey & Mike are together. I'm feeling good about these things.
Marv has taken up cooking. This is nice. He's nearly perfect. Nearly.

No comments: